Happy birthday Kim

Simply put, Kim means an Eagle in my place (Berom in Jos plateau state Nigeria). That means that
I am an Eagle born into the family of Gbondong ( It means the Rock) Ibaas, Foron. My great grant father from my grandmother's side was a brave warrior named kimbureng ( Kim Gwom Reng) the "Asogbo"(warlord). There  exist verbal account of how he fought to repel several expeditions of religious nature in foron.  Some of the evidence of his implements still exist till this day. I hear my late father named me after him. I was just about five years old when I lost my father. I feel blessed.

Another unique thing about me is that my mother is Igbo from the Eastern part of Nigeria while my father Is from the Northern part of the country. I speak Igbo to a certain degree. I am fluent in Berom (Ibaas) and Hausa. My mother is from Umuagu in Obowo local government of Imo state. I love my uniqueness. I feel blessed

My wife is a beautiful, kind, loving jewel of inestimable value Yoruba babe from Oyo state in the Western part of Nigeria. She has been teaching me Yoruba. My children don't know how to discriminate, no prejudice. They have cousins from all over Nigeria. I feel blessed.

One of the many blessings God has blessed me is the blessing of family. I remember when I knew I was going to be a father, I couldn't stop blushing, thoughts like, " so someone will soon start calling me Daddy? " so, somebody would soon start telling me about their problems?" It was very interesting. I couldn't wait. Lo and behold this angel just came shining her eyes at me as if she knew me from way back. Oh my God, Weng my daughter is surely a gift from God to us. She is an incredibly smart and wise child. I feel blessed

As if Weng was not enough, God blessed us with Mafeng on top, another child filled with wisdom from God. She is very glorious and I am grateful for her too. I feel blessed

The icing on the cake came last year, filled with wisdom and understanding. His name is Dareng… the bond between us is on another level. It is said that girls like Daddy while the Boys like Mummy but my son has negated that saying. He recognizes my voice from distance and starts to spray his arms waiting for me to carry him and who born Daddy not to Carry him? I feel blessed…

My beautiful Olivia too has become a part of the family. The world should watch out for this gorgeous woman. soon, She will make us proud, her generation proud and Nigeria proud.  I feel blessed.

I know the Lord by revelation and not by books only. I was a young teenager when He revealed himself to me. I don't care what people say or think because I am confident that God is alive and watching over me in every single step that I take. Even in my mistakes he cares and won't leave nor forsake me. He has proven that time and time again.I have had my share of ups and downs, highs and lows,  I have made several mistakes, people wrote me off, I felt worthless but God in his faithfulness kept me. I feel blessed. Happy birthday to me the kim1ofAfrica


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CANCER PREVENTION

How to Order an Uber from your PC

CREATING A BUSINESS PLAN